Are you eager to propose your Teach on Mars application in several languages ?
Easily translate your content and coach your learners around the world!
The Teach on Mars system is compatible with foreign languages (as we target the Martians!), including non-Latin and special characters (Cyrillic, Chinese…). Only the languages that read from right to left are not yet managed in the system. All applications are multilingual, both the trainings and the interfaces.The number of languages you integrate is unlimited.
How to build your multilingual application?
Teach on Mars provide pre-formatted Excel files, defining how to complete the cells. Fill a pack for each chosen language and drag and drop it on the Mission Center. Teach on Mars handle the interface translation.
How to use your multilingual application?
An option always allows learners changing the language, there is an option for the interface and an option for each training, when downloading it, or after).
The application detects as much as possible the learner language with the following rules:
The application analyses the device language. It compares the device language to the ToM Enterprise interface available languages. A default language is always defined. There are 2 options:
- The device language is defined in the application available languages. In that case, the application selects the device language for its interface.
- The device language is not defined in the application available languages. In that case, the behavior depends on the application format: the application selects its defined interface default language, for its interface.
The training language may differ from the interface language. When learners download a new training, the application checks the active interface language. There are 2 options:
- The active interface language is defined in the training available languages. In that case, the interface language is proposed
- The active interface language is not defined in the training available languages. In that case, the training default language is proposed.
How to manage multilingual content from the Mission Center?
To integrate multilingual content from the Mission Center, it's easy:
- Start by uploading your Excel files in your main language, as well as your medias.
- Change the current language in the Authoring section of your training, and type the translated title of the training
- Update modules' and activities' titles
- Upload the Excel files with translated content, as well as the medias that need to be updated (if the medias remain the same as those from the main version, you do not need to upload them again).
- Click on "Translation" to enable languages of your choice
Mission Center: manage multilingual content