The deployment consists in giving learners access to the application. The application is available to users via the distribution channel chosen for the project. The channel is either public via the app stores or private via internal web pages. Moreover, whatever the deployment mode selected, you can also choose between :
- Authenticated connection: Learners have to enter their credentials upon their first connexion to an application or training (configurable). Learners connect to the Teach on Mars application with a login and a password, either:
- Created upstream: a login and password are created in the Mission Center (and/or a third party server such as a LMS, CRM, corporate directory...) and then communicated to the learner.
- Auto-created by learners (the In-App registration is optional): Learners create their account via a custom registration form and then receives their IDs. The form may include specific criteria. The new account is reported in the Mission Center.
Once the connection has been established successfully on a device, learners remain connected on that device, unless they manually disconnect.
- Anonymous connection: Learners connect freely on the Teach on Mars application and directly access the training activity/ies. In the event of an anonymous mode connection, no statistics are retrieved.
Leaners can create themselves a pseudo. The pseudo does not require a password. If learners connect on another device or disconnect from the application on the same device, then learners have to create a new pseudo.
NB: the deployment here relates to the publication of the application. The publication of a training within the Teach on Mars solution is seamlessly handled (through the SCOUT methodology).
Private vs public deployment steps
- Get your D-U-N-S number (http://www.dnb.com/get-a-duns-number.html)
- Private deployment: The learner population contains only company's employees. There is no passing in the marketplaces (App Store & Google Play).
- For download on iOS: Subscribe to Apple Developer Enterprise Program (https://developer.apple.com/programs/enterprise/enroll/)
- For download on Android: No action is required from Google
- A distribution page in your colors with the app download URL is made available to you
- Public deployment: The application is accessible to all through marketplaces (App Store & Google Play).
- For download on iOS: Subscribe to Apple Developer Program (https://developer.apple.com/programs/enroll/)
- For download on Android: Subscribe to Google Play Developer Program (prerequisite: a Google account), (https://play.google.com/apps/publish/signup/)
- Complete a document provided by Teach on Mars with the information for posting the app (icon, title, screenshot ...)
- Once submitted by Teach on Mars, apps are available on the stores (1 to 3 weeks for Apple, a few hours for Google Play)
NB: Registration with the CNIL - Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés
In France, it is necessary to make a declaration to the CNIL when data collected by Teach on Mars apps are personal, that is, when it is possible to identify a person using the data collected. This is the case when the app requires an authentication and names, email addresses or other personal identifiers are used to form learners' record.